UWA Public Liability Statement 2020
3. Seating Plans
& Programme Order
- Session A
- Session B
- Session C
- Session D
- Session E
- Session F
- Session G
Cost of tickets for the audience…$13
(NB: STUDENTS PERFORMING IN THE FESTIVAL DO NOT REQUIRE A TICKET)
- Tickets are sold online through ticketsWA.
- No money is being taken by the school for this concert.
- There are limited seats available so if you would like to attend, please book early.
- If the session is not sold out, there will be tickets sold at the door on the day.
- Follow the link to ticketsWA to book your tickets for the Festival.
- Bookings open at 9am on May 25.
Problem with tickets?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org OR call us 6488 2440 between the hours of 12pm and 4pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
The Children Sing Festival is an adjudicated festival for primary school choirs. Both government and independent schools are eligible to enter.
This festival is held in week 8 of Term 2.
Date: 15th to 18th June, 2020.
Final date for applications: Friday March 20
Applications will be online in 2020. Registration to be paid at time of application.
Click on ‘PAYMENT’ to find the link for the Children Sing Festival registration and payment. REGISTRATIONS will open on the 20th January.
The festival provides:
- positive/constructive feedback from an experienced choral conductor.
- an annual, non-competitive event that students and teachers can plan towards.
- Piano or live accompaniment only (no taped backing tracks).
- This event is a Choral Festival so the over use of instrumental and vocal solos is not appropriate. The children are adjudicated on their choral performance.
- Strict limit of 2 contrasting songs per choir – combined performance time of no more than 6 minutes.
- Choir must consist of more than 25 students.
- Entry is on a ‘first in basis’.
- An approximate guide: Middle primary choir (years 3 to 4); Senior primary choir (years 5 to 6).
Feel free to contact our committee for assistance with finding an accompanist.
The following link takes you to MUSIC TEACHERS ONLINE with a long list of accompanists.
Awards / Adjudicator Comments
Awards of Outstanding, Excellent, Very Good and Good will not be announced but general comments may be presented (time permitting) at the end of each section (a non-competitive event).
The conductors of each choir will receive a copy of their choir’s adjudication comments and the relevant award that the choir has achieved for its performance.
Registration Fee: $242 per choir (includes GST)
- Dates: 15th June to the 18th June
- Venue: Octagon Theatre, UWA
- Peter Gilchrist: Inglewood Primary School
- Mary-Anne Goyder: WA Massed Choir Festival
- Graham Jamison: Treasurer
- Kirstin MacLean (Manager): Mindarie Primary School